Capcom recently revealed an upcoming “Street Fighter” live-action series that will be tied to the upcoming release of the latest installment in the game series, “Street Fighter V.” The game company also detailed the next and upcoming beta testing period for the game.
Capcom will once again team up with Machinima for a live-action limited web series, following “Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist.” The new series will be titled “Street Fighter: Resurrection” and will serve as a special series that will be released as a tie-in for the upcoming “Street Fighter V.”
Set ten years following the events of “Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist,” the new series will follow the story of Charlie Nash, who mysteriously came back from the dead. Charlie will be played by actor Alan Mousi, while returning cast include Mike Moh and Christian Howard reprising their roles as Ryu and Ken, respectively.
“Street Fighter: Resurrection” is set to debut on go90 sometime around March 2016.
Capcom also announced a new beta testing period for “Street Fighter V.” Every beta participant will also be given the chance to share the opportunity to be able to play the game early on to others, as Capcom will be giving away beta invite codes that can be shared to their friends to have them join the fun and contribute to the improvement of the overall gaming experience.
The following are some of the features that beta players will be able to enjoy:
- Ranked Match: Fight for glory and status in high stakes matches
- Casual Match: Enjoy more casual matches without pressure
- Training : Improve your skills against a training dummy with a variety of options and settings
- Capcom Fighters Network (CFN): Check out the latest leaderboard rankings, search for replays, and rivals
- Battle Setting: Customize your character profile and button configuration, among other options
- Options : Manage the screen and sound settings
The beta period for the PS4 and the PC versions of the game will begin on Dec. 18, 12:01 A.M. PT and will close on Dec/ 20, 10 A.M. PT.
“Street Fighter V” releases for the PS4 and PC on Feb. 16, 2016.