'Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens' news: new 'Incredible Cross-Sections' previews;showing first cut to Disney was 'horrifying', says Abrams

0

The Force will be awakened once the newest installment in the “Star Wars” space saga hits theaters on Dec. 18. Fans will be treated to a brand new classic which will bring back not only the core of the legendary films but also new elements for the newer fan base of the movies.

However, for those who just can’t wait until the movie is released and are already too hyped up because of the various trailers and posters, there are a couple of “Star Wars: The Force Awakens Incredible Cross-Section” previews revealed online.

In the “Cross-Sections” book, 12 artworks inspired by the new movie are featured with finer details that might be missed during the fast-paced movie. Various weapons, engines, and technology used accompanied with brief texts that imply the significance of each in the overall story are also included. The book gives fans the opportunity to delve in the creative process of how the world of “Star Wars” came about.

In other news, the movie’s director, J.J. Abrams, is looking at what would probably be the most scrutinized movie he has ever done once “The Force Awakens” debuts. Despite being a seasoned director, Abrams revealed how nerve wracking it was the first time the first cut of the upcoming flick was shown to the Disney panel.

According to a report by The Hollywood Reporter, in an interview with Howard Stern’s Sirius XM, Abrams said, “We showed the first cutwhich was still incomplete, a complete version of the movie but not the finished versionand we showed it to Alan Horn, Bob Iger, and Alan Bergman, the three people at Disney who sat with me in the theater, and we screened the movie. And it was horrifying. I’m nervous beyond words, I’m showing this movie that is so far from finished, there’s not an effect in it… It was a lot of me giving excuses before the screening.”