After joining the show for two seasons, Kirsten Taekman is reportedly leaving “The Real Housewives of New York” to focus on other things.
She said, as reported by US Magazine upon her confirmation last Monday, “At this time in my life, I have decided to concentrate on my family and my new business ventures Pop Of Color nail polish and Last Night’s Look, my fashion blog. I will remain a Housewife and part of an amazing franchise forever and that is what is important.”
Taekman joined the show on its sixth season, which aired last year, followed by another season before calling it quits.
She said, “My experience during my time on RHONY was fantastic and I made some great new friends.”
Her decision to focus on her family may be related to her husband, Josh Taekman, having been found subscribing to the infidelity website Ashley Madison after it was hacked. Daily Mail UK revealed that Josh initially joined the website back in 2011 when Kirsten was still pregnant with their second child, Kingsley. He reportedly accessed the site from 2012 to 2014, and spent more than $1500 to keep the subscription.
Josh has already publicly apologized, saying, “I signed up for the site foolishly and ignorantly with a group of friends and I deeply apologize for any embarrassment or pain I have brought to my wife and family. We both look forward to moving past this and getting on with our lives.”
The couple since then seems to have been patching up things well. Kirsten’s decision may be another step for the couple to strengthen their relationship.
Meanwhile, another housewife, Ramona Singer, who is the veteran and has been in the show since it started, is reportedly fumed with Bravo TV’s new pay scheme wherein they get paid only on the actual time that they do the shooting, said Inquisitr. This per-shoot pay is said to be applicable to Singer, LuAnn de Lesseps, and Sonja Morgan, while the other stars Bethenny Frankel, Carole Radziwill, and Dorinda Medley were offered with season contracts. Singer, Lesseps, and Morgan are said to have been asking for more than the contract price, allegedly pegged at $1 million, which is why Bravo TV devised a new proposal for the three.