True to his word, the creator of the Metal Gear franchise, Hideo Kojima, released the new and final trailer for the upcoming and very much anticipated game, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.
The extended traileralmost six minutes longdepicted the plot line that the game will follow, and gave players a sneak peak into the gameplay of the upcoming game.
The trailer felt very cinematic, that at some point, it felt like a very good trailer for a very good Metal Gear Solid3D movie. The trailer was directed and edited by Kojima himself.
Also, during the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2015 presentation of Konami, more details regarding new and improved features of the game were revealed. In a report by Gamepur, a Reddit user revealed online what was discussed during the E3 presentation, which focused mostly on the ability to customize characters and items. Here is a summary of the post:
- Microtransactions will be part of the game.
- In-game moments can be captured and photos of it can be attached to the wall.
- The Mother Base can be customized, so does Snake himself. Weapons can be customized, too.
- Gamers can play as someone other than Snake, including female soldiers.
- Aside from specific missions, there will be a “Freeroam” mode, where in players get to play in an open world and select a specific drop location of their choice.
- Snake can also pet Diamond Dog, his wolf companion.
- Enemies have now adapted to Snake’s attack methods by equipping themselves with shields and heavy armor, and they can also use things like inflatable decoys to distract Snake.
- The chopper Snake called in could fire missiles. Inside it, there is a gun turret Snake can use to fire away at enemies while flying.
- At the end of the mission, Snake attaches a Kojima Productions logo to his chest.
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain tells the main story of Metal Gear Solid V, with Ground Zeroes serving only as a prologue to it. Previously, creator Hideo Kojima said that Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Painwill be the last Metal Gear game in the Metal Gear Saga.
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Paincomes to the PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC on September 1.