The upcoming Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain just got its latest gameplay demoa lengthy 40-minute video showcasing the game’s introduction of an open-world environment, as well as new customization features for weapons and characters.
Previously, Konami revealed more details regarding new and improved features of the game. In a report by Gamepur, a Reddit user revealed online what was discussed during the E3 presentation, which focused mostly on the ability to customize characters and items. Here is a summary of the post:
- Microtransactions will be part of the game.
- In-game moments can be captured and photos of it can be attached to the wall.
- The Mother Base can be customized, so does Snake himself. Weapons can be customized, too.
- Gamers can play as someone other than Snake, including female soldiers.
- Aside from specific missions, there will be a “Freeroam” mode, where in players get to play in an open world and select a specific drop location of their choice.
- Snake can also pet Diamond Dog, his wolf companion.
- Enemies have now adapted to Snake’s attack methods by equipping themselves with shields and heavy armor, and they can also use things like inflatable decoys to distract Snake.
- The chopper Snake called in could fire missiles. Inside it, there is a gun turret Snake can use to fire away at enemies while flying.
- At the end of the mission, Snake attaches a Kojima Productions logo to his chest.
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain tells the main story of Metal Gear Solid V, with Ground Zero serving only as a prologue. Previously, creator Hideo Kojima said that Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain will be the last Metal Gear game in the Metal Gear Saga.
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain comes to the PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC on September 1.