It has been over a year since Apple refreshed its MacBook Pro line, but rumors claim that the MacBook Pro 2016 is slated to arrive this year. It was earlier reported that the device was going to be launched at the Cupertino-based company’s Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) this June, but the laptop didn’t make an appearance at the event. It was recently tipped to be at the iPhone 7 unveiling earlier this month, but other than the new handset and a brand-new Apple Watch, no other devices were launched at the Sept. 7 event.
Now, new rumors claim that two MacBook Pro models will be released in October. The speculation game rose to another level after Apple CEO Tim Cook responded to a MacRumors reader’s email about the absence of the MacBook Pro refresh. According to MacRumors, Cook told the customer, who wished to remain anonymous, to “stay tuned” regarding Apple’s upcoming offerings.
In the screenshot of the email exchange, the customer asked the CEO if Apple is “pulling away from the Mac Line.” Cook replied, “I love the Mac and we are very committed to it. Stay tuned.”
The website reports that they cannot fully confirm the authenticity of the email, but apparently, it appears to have originated from Apple’s corporate servers based on the headers they saw. While Apple executives occasionally respond to customer emails, it was speculated that the email may not have been written by Cook himself and that it was likely handled by the company’s executive relations or public relations team.
It was said that among all the other models in the Mac line, the MacBook Pro might be getting the most impressive updates as it is said to be thinner and lighter than its predecessors. It is said to have an OLED touch display atop the keyboard instead of the function keys, and that both 13-inch and 15-inch models will be released in early October.