'Iron Man 4' news: New photo of RDJ and Jon Favreau starts new wave of rumors

0

Earlier this week, fan frenzy was sparked by a single photo of Robert Downey Jr. (RDJ) and Jon Favreau in what was dubbed as a meeting for a new project. Although there are a plethora of collaborations that the two colleagues can venture on, some fans are pining for what could be an “Iron Man 4” briefing.

Posted to RDJ’s official Instagram account, the 51-year-old actor who plays Tony Stark/Iron Man was seen with Favreau and Korean-American Chef Roy Choi. The snap also included Marvel heavy hitters including directors Joe and Anthony Russo, actor Tom Holland and company president Kevin Feige as they came together in what appears to be a dining session in Atlanta.

It is no secret that everyone is in the capital of Georgia because a majority of the studios’ productions are being held there. RDJ, Favreau and Holland are working on “Spider-Man: Homecoming” which is the latter’s first stand-alone since nabbing the role of the web-slinging superhero. The Russo Brothers, on the other hand, have started pre-production for “Avengers: Infinity War” which will start filming later this year. Feige, as the head honcho of Marvel Studios, was, of course, micromanaging the activities.

Needless to say, putting everyone together in one table opens a lot of possibilities especially as conversation involves RDJ, Favreau and Feige. The trio is considered to be the major personalities that launched the ever-expanding Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) via 2008’s “Iron Man.” It only makes sense that it will be the three of them who will concoct what could be a fitting send-off to the beloved character should RDJ decide to finally hang up his suit.

Meanwhile, in Canada, actress Rebecca Hall talked about her role in “Iron Man 3” while attending the ongoing Toronto International Film Festival. The British-American thespian played the role of Maya Hansen, who helped Guy Pearce’s Killian create the Extremis. As it turns out, she also had a brief connection to Tony a couple of years prior to the events of the movie.

However, Hall shared that her role did not end up as originally planned. “I signed on to do something that was a substantial role. She wasn’t entirely the villain there have been several phases of this but I signed on to do something very different to what I ended up doing,” she recalled while talking to the Toronto Sun.

“Halfway through shooting they were basically like, ‘What would you think if you just got shot out of nowhere?’ I was meant to be in the movie until the end… I grappled with them for awhile and then I said, ‘Well, you have to give me a decent death scene and you have to give me one more scene with Iron Man,’ which Robert Downey Jr. supported me on,” the actress added.

It can be remembered that a couple of months back, “Iron Man 3” director Shane Black revealed that his original script for the movie had a female villain in it. Unfortunately, Marvel prompted them to swap the role’s gender because they feared losing sales in merchandise. With Hall’s recent comments, it can be assumed that she was supposed to be the main antagonist of the flick which opens up a portal of what-ifs.

Stark’s latest solo adventure had been a greatly fan-divisive project chalking it up to a couple of plot holes as well as the less enthusiastic reception of how the primary villain was presented. This is also mainly the reason why die-hard Iron Man fans have been relentlessly pushing for a fourth and possibly final installment of the series. It does not only give the fans one last look at RDJ in his most iconic role but also the opportunity for the character to go out with a bang.

No official announcement has been released regarding “Iron Man 4” but Feige has previously said that any talks about the project will only start in 2019.

For the meantime, fans can see RDJ in “Spider-Man: Homecoming” which will be out on July 7, 2017, and “Avengers: Infinity War” which will be released on May 4, 2018.