The Chinese jailbreak team known as TaiG have released their jailbreak version of the iOS 8.3 and now they have also released the jailbreak for the latest version of the Apple operating systemthe iOS 8.4.
With this, iPhone users who just had their devices undergo a recent jailbreak process for the iOS 8.3 can now once again jailbreak their phone to the latest iOS 8.4. The jailbreak for the iOS 8.4 is an untethered update, which means that the device need not be connected to the internet, as a complete file of the entire jailbreak update is available for download over TaiG’s blog.
The iOS 8 jailbreak is compatible even with older Apple devices such as the iPhone 4S, iPad Air, iPod Touch 5<sup>th Gen, etc.
To perform the jailbreak process, the user must first download the jailbreak file, according to which software the user’s computer is running. For Windows users, click here. For Mac users, click here.
After download, run the said downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions. Be reminded that TaiG is recommending users to uncheck the option that installs the TaiG pirated App Store. Check the Cydia 1.1.16 checkbox as this will install the Cydia app on the device.
Here are their instructions:
- Run the taig and follow the instructions
- Disable Find my iPhone from setting of your Device
- Make a full backup of your device
- If you encounter a problem just make a fresh restore and go through with jailbreak process.
- Avoid any iTunes related process when you jailbreak
Here are some apps that are available through Cydia, courtesy of Christian Today:
- Battivator An app which works well to improve the low power mode and add more options for the battery level profiles. It can be downloaded for $1.49.
- ShareTweaks This free app can share Cydia package details with other jailbreakers.
- iOS 9 KeyboardSelection A free app that can activate two-finger text selection or cursor on the keyboard.
- FavoriteTweaks A free app that arranges the user’s favorite tweaks in one place.
Mirmir For just $3.99, this jailbreak app can allow windowed multitasking like playing games, sending and receiving emails, watching videos, and others all at the same time.