After a slightly disappointing announcement that “Halo 6” will not appear in E3, more bad news for fans followed suit.
According to a post on the game’s blog site, the highly-anticipated game will likely not come out anytime soon. “It’s been made clear that we won’t be talking about Halo’s next major title for quite some time. And no, that doesn’t mean Gamescom. Or PAX,” said 343 Industries spokesperson Jeff Easterling. “Trust us, when we’re ready to begin pulling back that proverbial curtain, you’ll know. It won’t be soon,” he added.
Despite the somber news, Easterling noted that the “Halo” franchise is a big and diverse one. They described the series as something not limited to one medium or genre. Moreover, they stressed that fans can truly look forward to the newest expansion titled “Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare.”
Microsoft earlier mentioned that a new “Halo” game in a first-person shooter format won’t be coming out this year. Instead, the tech and gaming giant gave a tease of the graphics of Project Scorpio back in March, reported Gamespot.
343 Industries, on the other hand, hinted a “little something,” which came out to be the “Halo Wars 2” DLC.
Earlier this month, a screen capture of an apparent marketing material for “Halo: Gravemind” surfaced. The image showed the date “October 10, 2017,” the number “6,” and “Creative Assembly” as its developer. Speculations of the image’s connection to “Halo 6” quickly swirled online.
As a response, 343’s development director Frank O’Connor debunked the image via Twitter. “Fakey McFakeskins tell me oh, how does your bogus ‘game leak’ grow? With silver bells and photoshopped cockleshells. FAKE NEWS! #MHGA!,” O’Connor posted.
Meanwhile, 343 founder Bonnie Ross said in a response to a fan comment from Twitter that “Halo 6” will feature LAN support.
With the game still far from the horizon, fans will have to do with the current “Halo” games and the DLCs and other updates that will come in the near future.