Rockstar Editor for the Grand Theft Auto V PlayStation 4 and Xbox One version as well as for the GTA Onlinewill be released next month, coming with the next downloadable update for the game.
As announced by the Rockstar Newswire, the Rockstar Editor feature will finally make its way to the console version of Grand Theft Auto V and GTA Online this coming September. Additionally, the update will also be bringing new features to the Rockstar Editor for the PC version, where the tool was first launched earlier this year.
The Rockstar Editor tool lets players create their own video clips of their gameplay experience on the GTA V and GTA Online. Edit them, change the camera view, and input effects to give it a cinematic feel, and then players can share it with fellow players for them to enjoy watching.
Rockstar shared what’s new for the tool following the update:
- Ambient Audio and Sound Effects Library: Add ambient and atmospheric sound design with a library of audio tracks to help bring your scenes to life or add sound effects from a collection of Foley and other sfx.
- Snapmatic Integration: Now you can export any still frame at a marker point straight to Snapmatic, giving you ultimate freedom when searching for that perfect camera angle.
- Director Mode Updates: An enlarged minimap with location blips to highlight preset locations, the power to freeze chosen time of day settings and the ability to spawn air and water vehicles.
- Copy and Paste Marker Properties: Easily copy and paste your audio settings from any marker to another marker in the clip adding invaluable efficiency to your go-to editing techniques.
- New Fonts: You’ll now have more style options than ever for your titles and credits — we’re tripling the library of available fonts with new styles.