It’s that time of the year again, as all the kids, the teens, the enthusiasts, and the geeks gather to witness the Disney D23 Expo 2015.
So, what happened to the event? What’s new? What’s hot and what’s not? Here is a list of some (they are too long to even make a list out of!) of the hot stuff at D23.
- Marvel revealed the first footage for the upcoming Captain America: Civil War, as well as revealing a first look at character concept arts for Doctor Strange. Chris Evans and Anthony Mackie came to stage, while Benedict Cumberbatch greeted fans through a recorded video.
- Ellen DeGeneres proudly presented Finding Dory, the sequel to Finding Nemo. The new movie follows the adventures of Dory, as she got separated from Marlin and Nemo.
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tellsrevealed that Orlando Bloom would return as Will Turner. Johnny Depp came to stage as Captain Jack Sparrow and gave away grapes to the audience.
- The movie from Toy Story 3 director Lee Unkrich, based on the Mexican holiday Dia de los Muertos, was revealed to be entitled: Coco.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens brought J.J Abrams, John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Lupita Nyong’o, Oscar Isaac, and Harrison Ford on stage. Star Wars Land was announced, coming to both Disneyland and Walt Disney World’s Hollywood Studios. Star Wars Land will take three to five years to complete and will be 14 acres big.
- Sequels to popular franchises were announcedCars 3, The Incredibles II, and Toy Story 4. Toy Story 4 will focus more on the romance between Woody and Bo Beep.
- The new The Jungle Book movie was announced, and will be releasing on April 15, 2016.
- Emma Watson greeted fans with a video from the set of Beauty and The Beast.
- Alice Through The Looking Glass was announced.
- Actor Chris Pine presented his new thriller, The Finest Hours.
- A Pete’s Dragon remake was announced.
- The movie that tells the story of a Ugandan chess prodigy named Phiona Mutesi was announced, entitled Queen of Katwe.