Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition is here. Following the promise Nordic Games gave to ever eager fans and players a month ago, game developer Gunfire Games were proven to be worth it, as screenshots for the new edition of the game shows how the Deathinitive Edition greatly improved the graphics of the original Darksiders II game.
So, what’s new for Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition, aside from a noticeable and very much appreciated upgrade in visuals? Apart from the visuals, the new edition of the game is set to give players more gameplay hours, and an improved and reworked overall game experience. Here are the complete changes that the new game edition is set to bring, courtesy of PlayStation Lifestyle:
- Darksiders 2 with All DLCs (see below) included and integrated into the game, offering a total playtime of more than 30 hours.
- DLC Included: Maker Armor Set, The Abyssal Forge, The Demon Lord Belial, Death Rides, Angel of Death, Deadly Despair, Shadow of Death, Mortis Pack, Rusanov’s Axe, Van Der Schmash Hammer, Fletcher’s Crow Hammer, Mace Maximus, Argul’s Tomb
- Improved Graphic Render Engine for higher visual quality especially in terms of lighting and shadows
- Improved and reworked level, character and environment graphics
- Running in native 1080p resolution
- Reworked and tuned game balancing and loot distribution
With Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition, Gunfire Games Design Director John Pearl said that the rework on the graphic resulted from them making it physically based, to go toe-to-toe with most of the current gen games out there. “What this means visually is metal, leather, stone and skin look and respond to light as you would expect them to in the real world,” he said. “This new rendering method meant we revisited every texture and surface in the game, reworking and re-authoring them for the new renderer. To take full advantage of these texture changes, we’ve also gone back and relit the entire game.”
Game Informer asked publisher Nordic Games if they are planning to work with developer Gunfire Games for more Darksiderseither an HD remake of the first one, or an all-new Darksiders III. No comment has been given yet.
Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition will be released for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles sometime Winter this year. As for its price, Nordic Games has not yet made any official announcement.