Saddle up, players! Horse Lords is here!
Horse Lords, the ninth and latest expansion pack for the bestselling RPG game of Paradox Development Studio Crusader Kings II, is now officially available. Horse Lords will have players saddle up and take on the Eurasia regionParis, Europe and Indiato build their own empire. As they travel on, players will encounter different places, from nomadic tribes to great hordes that they will conquer for their own. New locations are available, and new cultures are waiting to be explored.
The new expansion packs also introduce a variety of new gameplay mechanics and in-game elements. A new government form is available, and players can even have Tributary States. The Silk Road is also there for a variety of trading activities. But as with all quests, not everyone is on the same sidesthere will be enemies trying to bring down others, so beware.
Take on that horse and start the quest; fight on and conquer the entire Eurasia and become the one and only Great Khan!
Here is the complete list of all the new main features of the Horse Lords expansion pack:
- Tarim Basin and large parts of Mongolia added to map.
- Nomadic government available for steppe cultures. These function in a radically different way from sedentary societies – you manage populations instead of holdings, and armies are raised based on population size. Also, the ruler’s power must be balanced against the interests of the various Clans within the realm (Clans are not normal vassals, but rather distinct families and factions within the nomad group).
- Over a hundred new events add extra color and flair to the Steppes and Central Asia.
- Non-nomadic rulers will have special options for combating nomads, such as constructing forts in wild enemy lands.
- The Silk Road, with corresponding dynamic trade mechanics and conflicts.
- Mongol invasions reworked.
- New nomad mercenaries. Send your unruly sons or brothers away as soldiers of fortune.
- Landless raiding adventurers may appear and harass a region for a time or try to conquer land and settle.
- New diplomacy option: Tributary States.
- New Central Asian cultures.
Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords is available for $14.99.