Conor McGregor next fight news: Dana White responds to Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s match proposition

0

Two days before the Conor McGregorNate Diaz rematch got a new date, Ultimate Fighting Championship President Dana White called out retired boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. after he made claims that a showdown between him and McGregor would be happen.

“Floyd’s got to call me. Floyd and I haven’t talked. The last time I saw Floyd was at the Celtics-Lakers game, Kobe’s (Bryant) last game against the Celtics. I was there, he was there, we talked, said what’s up and whatever but we didn’t talk about fighting Conor McGregor,” White said during his stint on FOX Sports’ “The Herd” last week.

The alleged match-up between McGregor and Mayweather blew up and took the internet by storm last month when the latter actively campaigned for the bout to happen. The retired boxer even published a made-up poster on his official Instagram account.

“People hit me up and say, ‘Did you see Floyd just posted a poster of them squared off and said they’re fighting in September?’ and this and that. Listen, I don’t care what Floyd says. There’s only one way this fight’s happening (and that’s) through me,” the fight promoter continued.

McGregor, on the other hand, has given his piece about the matter saying that it should be fair game to the both of them, especially in terms of the monetary aspect of the fight. The proposed bout, which will not only transcend league borders should it happen, will also pose to be an enormous cash cow for everyone involved. “Mystic Mac” also reiterated that while “The Money” remains to be a notable persona in the combat sports arena, he is the one who needs him; therefore, he should be on the upper hand when it comes to the negotiations.

White and McGregor have not closed the door on the proposed match but one thing is for sure, Mayweather should be the one to reach out and sit down for a series of negotiations.

“I don’t know what his angle is on this thing with Conor McGregor, but he’s not fighting Conor McGregor without calling me. It’s not going to happen,” White adamantly stated.

While the McGregorMayweather match takes its time brewing in the news, the Dubliner is set to make his caged octagon comeback this Aug. 20. He will go head-to-head with Diaz for UFC 202.