The anticipation for the release of “Call of Duty: WWII’s” new trailer this week was spoiled because of an online leak.
Sledgehammer was supposed to release a trailer during the San Diego Comic-Con on July 20. A leak, however, gave the public a glimpse of the game’s zombies. This certainly disappointed the game developers. Sledgehammer co-founder Michael Condrey expressed his disappointment over the leaked trailer. He also said that the video was still unfinished.
“We’re working hard to finish the official Nazi Zombies trailer. Please respect the craft & avoid spoilers today, final trailer coming soon,” posted Condrey on his Twitter account. Sledgehammer Games, on the other hand, also took to Twitter to express their sentiments. “Leaks aren’t ideal, but know that we appreciate the support. We’re almost done with the Nazi Zombies Trailer. Hang tight, it’ll be worth it!” they said.
Meanwhile, DualShockers reported that it was still unclear how the trailer was leaked out of Sledgehammer’s confines. The unfinished trailer, which was already taken down, was posted by YouTuber Glitching Queen. The footage was roughly two minutes long. The trailer showed the “Army of the Dead,” featuring the game’s zombie designs. It also showcased the buildings and corridors where players will see action in.
Some of the zombies see on the trailer include regular walkers, those that run and chase players, and those whose bodies are on fire. A notable zombie, however, is the huge chunk of torn flesh and steel that has the makings of a boss.
In addition, Gamespot reported that game publisher Activision will detail their “twisted new vision” for the “Call of Duty Zombies” game. So far, it is confirmed that the Zombie mode will offer a brand new story with a “horrifying experience” to boot. Moreover, it will revolve around “the story of the Third Reich’s desperate attempt to create an army in the final stages of the war,” Activision added during a reveal live stream last April.