The Android scene is making very fast-paced progress. Nowadays, many smartphone developers and carriers are making their best efforts to roll out all the latest available updates to their users, as Google is almost ready to publicly release their latest offering of an operating system, the Android M (confectionary branding may follow). In fact, Android M is already available as a developer preview for the Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 9, and the Nexus Player.
While the entire Nexus line has already been issued with updates for Android Lollipopwith version 5.1.1 being the latest firmware availablethere have been users who haven’t had their fix on the latest OS yet. For many, the delay in receiving updates could mean a big slump in user experience. However, whatever the delay may bebe it because of regional location, or because of respective mobile carrierthere is a workaround if users really want to get their hand on the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
First of all, be patient. Updates are not distributed to everyone all at once. To check if updates are already available, got to Settings > About device > System update > Check for update. Or, if connected to the Internet, the device will automatically notify users of the update availability.all the user have to do is just tap “Download now”.
However, the worst case scenario could be that an update is still not available right now. This is when one can manually update the device by downloading the OTA Zip file and manually flashing the device. Here is a list of all Nexus devices and the respective tutorials on how to manually update them, all courtesy of Android Geeks.
- Nexus 4: (download and tutorial)
- Nexus 5: (download and tutorial)
- Nexus 6: (download and tutorial)
- Nexus 6 T-Mobile: (download and tutorial)
- Nexus 7 2012 WiFi: (download and tutorial)
- Nexus 7 2012 3G: (download and tutorial)
- Nexus 7 2013 WiFi: (download and tutorial)
- Nexus 7 2013 LTE: (download and tutorial)
- Nexus 9 WiFi: (download and tutorial)
- Nexus 9 LTE: (download and tutorial)
- Nexus 10: (download and tutorial)